Home is where the heart is, and it’s where we go to relax, and be with family and friends. At Smartfrog, we do what we do because we understand how important it is to feel safe in your own home. Here are some top tips for keeping your house or apartment safe and secure, leaving you more time to enjoy life:
- Ensure your locks are always in tiptop shape. If there is a door or window that isn’t closing right, it’s time to think about getting a new one put in.
- Naturally your Smartfrog app and camera combination will help to alert you in case of intruders as well as capture crucial evidence.
- Always keep your windows closed when you aren’t home. If you need to have one open, just ensure it’s a window that isn’t easy to reach through and open fully, such as these European-style tilt and turn windows.
- A large dog or cat door can be an easy entry point for an intruder. Consider other solutions that could work for the pets in your home.
- If you have a house or apartment on the ground floor, consider installing some exterior lighting on a timer, or better yet a motion sensor floodlight that can make intruders feel exposed.
- Don’t make your house a target – particularly when on holidays, make sure the expensive things such as jewellery, electronics and passports are out of plain sight if somebody was to peer in through the window.